Colorful Avocado/Grapefruit Detoxifying Salad
I start my day with this amazingly beautiful and detoxifying salad. It's a great way to break your body's fast from the night with lots of nutrients and phytochemical to nourish your body's natural abilities to cleanse and build!
1. I buy an organic baby spring mix already washed. Put some in a bowl. Then add whatever organic veggies you have on hand. Today I added carrot and red radish. I also added fresh sunflower sprouts and my latest love, fresh broccoli sprouts. (I go heavy on the sprouts).
2. Then I added 1/2 organic grapefruit. I took the sections out with a grapefruit spoon, and you can cut them out with a knife, or peel and take out sections.
3. Also, I added 1/2 ripe avocado. Avocado is one of the fruits that you don't have to worry about getting organic.
I make my own delicious/detox dressing. This dressing is what adds significantly to the detox power of this salad!
1. Pour 1/8 to 1/4 cup unpasteurized apple cider vinegar into a jar. It has to be raw apple cider vinegar! Braggs is a good brand.
2. Add 2 cloves of pressed garlic
3. Juice of 1/2 fresh lime
4. Mix in 2 teaspoons of organic sweet white miso (any organic miso will do), I like the taste of sweet white miso
5. Mix in 1/4 cup cold pressed organic virgin olive oil
6. Mix in 2 tablespoons organic hemp seed oil
Apply liberally on your gorgeous salad and Enjoy!!!
Raw apple cider vinegar is alkaline and detoxifying to the body. It helps with sugar cravings!
Garlic has antimicrobal properties...it kills bacteria, fungas and viruses, and helps heal the gut of bad bugs.
Olive oil and citrus cleanse the liver/gall bladder.
Hemp seed oil had omega 3's.
The fermented soy in Miso inhibits cancer cell growth, and miso has good bacteria that help populate the gut.
Broccoli sprouts are amazing powerhouses that help the brain, heart and kill cancer cells.
Sunflower sprouts have an amazing amount of nutrients to supply the body.
Powerful foods that heal us!!!